Fastcoms Managing Director, Lorraine Gribbons will be speaking in this webinar hosted by Chartered Accountants Ireland. The current pandemic has raised challenges for all businesses, some of which have been exacerbated for those working in rural areas where the technology may not be as reliable. Therefore, this webinar aims to offer practical advice to help members deal with these challenges. There will be real-life solutions to technology issues, an introduction to online sales platforms in addition to details of social welfare supports available. There will also be a discussion on business continuity supports available locally.
Webinar – Online
Start date & time: 28 April 2020 11:00
End date & time: 28 April 2020 12:00
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for members in practice and industry based in a rural area. It will address the most frequently asked technology problems while offering real-life workarounds and solutions. Those wishing to move a traditional business to an online platform or to assist their clients in moving toward online trading will get an insight into an easy-to-use platform for online sales. The webinar will also cover social welfare and local business continuity supports.
- Fastcom – Technology challenges and solutions for remote business
- Shopify – Moving your product sales online. Practical tips from Shopify’s experience working internationally with a remote workforce.
- Citizens Information Office – Covid PUP, Enhanced Illness Benefit, Jobseekers Benefit/Allowance, Short-Term Work Support Payment as well as Employment Rights During Covid-19
- Sligo Local Enterprise Office – Business continuity supports
Challenges for Rural Business – Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to overcome the most frequent rural remote working technology issues
- Be informed on how easy it is to set up an online trading platform setup
- Understand the array of new social welfare supports available
- Be familiar with Local Enterprise Office supports available to business
Lorraine Gribbons is a Chartered Accountant and Managing Director of Fastcom, a Sligo-based national provider of Wifi to business and residential customers. With experience in industry and practice, Lorraine is uniquely placed to answer your business technology questions.
Gary Mullin is a Team Lead at Shopify Ireland, one of the world’s largest online trading platforms. Gary has worked remotely for several years and has a wealth of experience managing a team of customer support agents that work directly with all types of businesses to help them successfully market and sell their products online.
Orla Barry is the Area Development Manager at Sligo, North Connacht & Ulster Citizens Information Service CLG, working at the office of social welfare supports. Her knowledge and experience in this area are second to none. Orla will be there to answer any social welfare questions you may have.
John Reilly, Head of Enterprise at the Local Enterprise Office in Sligo. As well as heading up the Local Enterprise Office, John is also a member of the Council’s Senior Management Team and of other strategic enterprise and economic development committees. He is a Director of a number of not-for-profit companies and has a wide range of prior experience at national and EU levels in the public and civil service. He also worked for a period in the private sector.
Michelle Gilmartin – Author