Fastcoms Mananging Director, Lorraine Gribbons will be speaking in this webinar hosted by Chartered Accountants Ireland. The current pandemic we are in has raised challenges for all business, some of which have been exacerbated for those working in rural areas where technology may not be as reliable. This webinar aims to offer practical advice to help their members deal with these challenges. There will be real life solutions to technology issues, an introduction to online sales platforms, details of social welfare support and business continuity supports available on a local level….
Webinar – Online
Start date & time: 28 April 2020 11:00
End date & time: 28 April 2020 12:00
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for members in practise and industry based in a rural area. It will address the most frequently asked technology problems and offer real life workarounds and solutions. Those wishing to move traditional business to an online platform or to assist their clients to move towards online trading will get an insight into an easy to use platform for online sales. Social Welfare Supports and local business continuity supports will also be covered.
- Fastcom – Technology Challenges and solutions for remote business
- Shopify – Moving your product sales online. Practical tips from Shopify’s experience working internationally with a remote workforce.
- Citizens Information Office – Covid PUP, Enhanced Illness Benefit; Jobseekers Benefit/Allowance; Short Time Work Support Payment; Employment Rights During Covid 19
- Sligo Local Enterprise Office – Business Continuity Supports
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to overcome the most frequent rural remote working technology issues
- Be informed as to how easy it is to set up an online trading platform
- Understand the array of new social welfare supports available
- Be familiar with Local Enterprise Office supports available to business
Lorraine Gribbons is a Chartered Accountant and Managing Director of Fastcom, a Sligo based national provider of Wifi to business and residential customers. With experience in industry and practise Lorraine is uniquely placed to answer your business technology questions
Gary Mullin, Shopify, Ireland, Team Lead, Gary has worked remotely for several years for Shopify, one of the worlds largest online trading platforms. He has a wealth of experience managing a team of customer support agents that work directly with all types of business to help them successful market and sell their products online.
Orla Barry, Development Manager Sligo, North Connacht & Ulster Citizens Information Service CLG – : Area development manager with Sligo, North Connacht & Ulster Citizens Information – Orla is working at the coalface of social welfare supports. Her knowledge and experience in this area is second to none, she is ideally placed to answer any social welfare questions you may have.
John Reilly, Head of Enterprise, Local Enterprise Office Sligo:John Reilly is Head of Enterprise in Sligo County Council. As well as heading up the Local Enterprise Office, he is also a member of the Council’s Senior Management Team and of other strategic enterprise and economic development committees. He is a Director of a number of not for profit companies and has a wide range of prior experience at national and EU levels in the public and civil service. He also worked for a period in the private sector.